Everybody has to be somewhere, and right now, this is my state of mind:
- Rearranging mode...from rearranging my space at work, to rearranging the furniture layout in my guest bedroom, I've made a few changes. For some reason, shifting furniture around makes me feel like I am in a new space, and I like that.
- Niven Morgan Gold Candles. I have bought one for pratically every room (okay, I know thats not many in our apartment, but still!) They are heavenly.
- Old family photos. Last weekend I spent a very special few days with my grandparents. I have the worlds GREATEST grandparents (who I call Baba and Gaga...aren't those names great?) It was just me, them, and my favorite little dachshund Charlie for 3 days of lots of cooking, catching up, and looking at great old pictures. We really did have the most wonderful time. I scanned TONS of photos and am going to put together a wall of old family photos in our apartment. See the bottom of this post for a few of my awesome finds.
- Cooking for my husband. I have actually learned that I LOVE to cook. WHO KNEW! It is so much fun. I love putting on my apron and some music and whipping up something for dinner. Greg is a big fan of my new obsession as well. It makes me smile knowing how much he enjoys dinner at home with just the 2 of us.
- Old Swing Music on comcast. After spending a few days at Baba and Gaga's house I have been loving listening to the swing music station on cable while cooking, doing, laundry, cleaning, you name it. It reminds me of them and makes me smile. It plays everything from Frank Sinatra to Michael Buble. I would highly recommend, something about that type of music just makes you feel GOOD!!!
- Vacuuming (sorry, thats a lame one, but its true, I am like a compulsive vacuumer)
- This puppy dog Mason, I really want him...how sweet is he!!! I am seriously contemplating convincing Greg to let us adopt him. He needs a home, and I think ours is just the one!! (And he HATES cats, just like me, I think its a match made in heaven!)http://www.dachshundrescueofhouston.org/viewdog.php?DogID=526
- Snicker doodle cookies....yummm. I made my Baba's recipe or Greg and some friends this week. They rock. Recipe to follow
- Counting weight watchers points, groan...after eating our weigh (no pun intended) through the Pacific Northwest, we are in Weight Watchers mode at Casa de Schilling. Doing it together though makes it a little more fun, and I forget how good I feel when I do it. I am a tried and true Weight Watchers veteran these days after 7 years of making their program fit my lifestyle.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/
- Container Store August-to-August calendars. YAY! I got to start my new calendar! Its the little things that make me happy.
- LSU Football Season....I'm ready for tailgates with Mrs. Smashley and Bogies Old School Night. Let the countdown begin!
- Halloween and Christmas decorations. I bought a precious Halloween frame and plate this week and I cannot wait to decorate our apartment for all of the upcoming Holidays. My boss gave me the greatest idea to start a photo album of all of our pictures from Christmases throughout the years to pull out during the holidays. Its my new project!
- Baby Billie Jean...I am so excited for January and my new little friend to come into the world. His mom is feeling great and we are all thankful for that. Now hurry up Billie Jean! I cannot wait to know if you are a boy or a girl!!!
Here are a few of the great old family pictures I talked about before...a few of them are from the 1800s! Baba is the stunning blonde and my mom is the PRECIOUS brunette little girl. Enjoy!













No comments:
Post a Comment