Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hell getting old....

In the words of my Dad "Its hell getting old, isn't it Court?" And he is right. It is. My LSU best friend and roommate, Jenna, emailed me last week and said "I might have a topic... As I realized I am getting old. Why when I come back from the lake am a falling apart like a 70 year old? I swear all i did was wakeboard for about 30 min. I was down in my back yesterday and could barely move my neck. All of us that went were complaining about how something hurt. I'm scared that this is only the beginning." But are we really getting old? Or are we just starting to realize that our body can't "handle" things like we used to be able to?

Take drinking for example. Back in our "college glory days" 2 drinks was a warm-up. Now a days, 2 drinks is all I can handle. (Pathetic, I know...does that make me old, or a lightweight?) And truth be told, more than 3 beers makes me feel like hell the next day. A few weeks ago, we spent a weekend in New Orleans, and I swear I didn't feel like myself until Thursday...definite sign of aging.

Now, you know my feelings on "sporty" activities, so I cannot really give my opinion on how it feels after wakeboarding. I felt fine after tubing, but it wasn't too intense. But Jenna is a tough cookie...so I take her word on it.

And come on people, 25 is young! (Well, at 16 I would have told you differently, but now I know otherwise...) I think the reality of your mid-20s is you actually become aware of the aging process. Something that had always seemed so foreign in younger years. For example, in the past 3 years I have quit smoking, started to wear moisturizer, and realized that aging is inevitable.

I'm sure I will look back on this post one day and laugh...or perhaps be thankful that in my 20s I started to take better care of myself. I know for sure that if I kept on living like I was 18 forever, I'd look 80 by the time I turned 40.

And last but not least, let us not forget Botox. A friend to all.

As promised, I am including a few pictures from Galveston. I think the picture of my mom can just goes to show that age is an illusion, I mean she seriously looks younger than me! And lets be real, the Old Navy Flag Tshirt is flattering at ANY age! 10 cool points Mom!

This is my parents PRECIOUS puppy Lola...we are all obsessed with her. Shes so cute and so funny!


And last but not least, Gregory and I braving the Galveston bay. Who would ever thought?

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried slip n sliding since you were 12?? Now that hurts and will really match your body with your age! TRUST ME! BRUISE CITY!

    ReplyDelete